This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

List entry Number: 1384221

Location

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, DINTING VALE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: High Peak

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1998

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 484654

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GLOSSOP

SK0294 DINTING VALE 921-1/1/114 Holy Trinity Church 29/01/98

II

Anglican church. 1897, extended 1931. By Mills and Murgatroyd, of Manchester, architects, for the Woodd-Sidebottom family, patrons. Coursed squared gritstone with ashlar dressings, with a Welsh slate roof covering. STYLE: Early English Gothic Revival. EXTERIOR: aligned north-west to south-east, with entrance tower and spire at west corner, nave, liturgical north and south aisles, apsidal chancel, vestry and choir vestry. 3-stage tower with full-height angle buttresses with set-offs, terminating at gabled pinnacles at the angles of crenellated parapets. Tall octagonal spire with weather vane. 5-bay nave with steeply-pitched roof and coped gables. Clerestory with triple lancets to each bay. Aisles with lean-to roofs and coupled lancets to each bay, bay divisions delineated by stepped buttresses. INTERIOR: nave arcades of circular gritstone columns with simply-moulded capitals, support light-coloured brick walling with decorative red brick banding. Tall pinted and stepped chancel arch, with irregular gritstone quoining. Arched roof trusses carried on corbels at clerestory cill level. Chancel with roof trusses carried on corbels with carved figures. Pointed arched organ recess to right, with organ of 1882. Altar with wooden reredos, choir benches with fitted overthrows carrying candles and patterned floor tiling below altar. Nave with complete set of benches and partially glazed screen with church wardens' pew at west end. Font at west end of south aisle with circular Bath stone blowl set upon a shaft of red Cork marble.



Listing NGR: SK0211894321

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 02118 94321

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1384221 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2017 at 01:40:29.

End of official listing