This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MARY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY

List entry Number: 1335265

Location

CHURCH OF ST MARY, ASHBOURNE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Mapleton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 13-Sep-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 80312

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 14 NE PARISH OF MAPLETON ASHBOURNE ROAD 7/41 (East Side) 13.9.1967 CHURCH OF ST MARY

GV II*

Church. Mid C18. Coursed limestone with sandstone dressings. West tower, nave and chancel in one. West tower, plain lower stage with slit staircase windows to north and south. West porch with flat hood and two Tuscan columns. Doorway with semi-circular moulded arch with projecting keystone and imposts. Six panelled, raised and fielded double doors. Shallow bell stage, divided by a string band. Angle quoins and an elongated circular bell opening to each face. Cornice above. Octagonal dome surmounted by a stone lantern. Nave and chancel with quoins and cornice. North and south elevations each with three round-arched windows with raised stone surrounds, imposts and keystones. Similar east window. Plain interior altered in the C19. West gallery with panelled front, on two slender iron columns. No division between the nave and chancel. Panelled dado. Several C19 brasses on the north wall, to members of the Goodwin family. One to Francis Goodwin 1808-1895 and one to Richard Goodwin-Gladwin 1895, signed by James Hardman & Co of Birmingham. Stained glass in the east window 1926 by A J Davies of the Bromsgrove Guild. Painted organ case.

Listing NGR: SK1659348039

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 16593 48039

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1335265 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Nov-2017 at 01:40:57.

End of official listing