CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1234065
Date first listed:
27-May-1953
Date of most recent amendment:
20-Apr-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY GREEN

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1234065.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Aug-2020 at 04:18:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, TRINITY GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Gosport (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SZ 62125 99649

Details

TRINITY GREEN 1. 5232 Church of the Holy Trinity (formerly listed under Haslar Street) SZ 6299 NW 8/114 27.5.53 II* 2. The town church, but first built in 1696, Alverstoke St Marys having previously served. There were enlargements in 1734 and Circa 1835, with a restoration in 1887 by Sir Arthur Blomfield, who designed the detached campanile tower (1889). The exterior is a red brick basilica of Italianate style, emphasised by the tower. Inside the aisles are separated from the nave by the Ionic colomns of the original building, which gives to the interior a typical late C17 appearance.

Listing NGR: SZ6217999575

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
409738
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06818/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mark Bardell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].