This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

List entry Number: 1190706

Location

CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, WICKEN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Deanshanger

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-May-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 235266

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DEANSHANGER WICKEN ROAD SP7639 (North side) 18/29 Church of Holy Trinity

II

Church. Built 1853 as chapel-of-ease by Benjamin Ferrey at a cost of £3,000. Coursed squared limestone slate roof. Chancel, vestry, nave, north aisle and south porch. Early English style. 3-bay chancel has triple lancet east window and lancets to south; string course at level of springing of arches carried over windows as hood moulds. Vestry to north has gabled roof, 3-light window to north and stone internal stack. North aisle abuts vestry and has double-chamfered door to north-east with hood would, coupled lancet windows to north and 2-light window to west with plate tracery and hood mould. Nave has 2-light windows to south and west with similar tracery and lancet window to east of porch, all with hood moulds. Double-chamfered south door with hood mould in gabled timber porch on low stone walls. West end of nave has two lancet windows and circular sexfoiled window to gable above, all within large relieving arch supporting bell-cote to west gable. Bell-cote has stepped gable to 3 arches for bells. Chamfered plinth, chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gables with kneelers. C20 church hall addition to north aisle is not of special architectural interest. Interior: nave has 4-bay arcade with circular pillars and double-chamfered arches. C19 stain-glass windows to nave and chancel. (Buildings of England: Northamptonshire: 1973, p176; Kelly's Directory for Northamptonshire: 1936)

Listing NGR: SP7613239591

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1973), 176
'Kellys Directory' in Northamptonshire, (1936)

National Grid Reference: SP 76132 39591

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1190706 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2017 at 08:34:11.

End of official listing