This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER

List entry Number: 1115302

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bath and North East Somerset

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Freshford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1956

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 32279

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 7860-7960 FRESHFORD C.P. CHURCH HILL (North-east side) 10/1 Parish Church of St. Peter 1.2.56 II*

Parish Church of St. Peter. C15th, C17th, C18th and restored c.1858-59, probably by C.E. Davis of Bath. West tower C15th; Nave; North aisle (1736); South porch; North chancel Chapel, c.1800; Chancel 1859. Ashlar; coursed, squared rubble chancel; Cotswold stone slate roofs. West tower; Perpendicular; 3 stages, diagonal buttresses with stepped set-offs; embattled parapet with pinnacles; single-light bell chamber openings. Embattled parapet to nave and aisle; C19th Y-tracery windows in Nave; tall mullioned 2-light windows with ogee tops to north side. Gabled south porch. Interior: quatrefoil piers to arcade with depressed segmental arches; double squint with age heads; number of C18th and C19th wall tablets, especially over south door and in north aisle (Elizabeth Still, 1748; Honor Cooper, 1753; and Henry Fisher, 1760); C14th/C15th octagonal font.

Listing NGR: ST7897160159

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 78971 60159

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115302 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jan-2018 at 10:08:29.

End of official listing