CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1095067
Date first listed:
19-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1095067.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Aug-2020 at 04:47:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
Parish:
Kilmiston
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 59136 26349

Details

SU 52 NE KILMESTON KILMESTON

5/45 CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

GV II

Parish Church of medieval origin, rebuilt 1772 and late C19. Rendered flint with stone and brick dressings, old plain tile roof. Single storey church with C18 S aisle and C19 N porch and W belfry. Chancel has C19 3-light perpendicular window and C18 lancet. C18 N and S walls. Nave has on N single lancets either side of gabled timber C19 porch open at front. S aisle has 4 single lancets with brick dressings. W end has a pair of tall lancets and short buttresses of medieval stone at corners. C19 timber belfry has sides of pair of openings and tall shingled hipped roof with 2 bells dated 1772. Inside tie beams only visible of barrel-vaulted roof now boarded. Early C18 oak altar rails. Monuments: on S wall to Elizabeth Ridge 1731: on N wall to Capt. William Ridge 1772, Thomas Ridge 1801 and Charles and Mary Graeme 1833 and 1923. Furnishing late C19.

Listing NGR: SU5899625958

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
145443
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/03788/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Easton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].