CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1095004
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1964
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1095004.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Aug-2020 at 16:53:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
New Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Ellingham, Harbridge and Ibsley
National Grid Reference:
SU 14494 10136

Details

SU 11 SW ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY HARBRIDGE

1/5 Church of All Saints 30.9.64 GV II

Parish church. C15 tower, rest rebuilt in 1840 by G Evans. Tower of mixed dressed stone, rest Purbeck stone with Coade stone tracery, stone tile roof. Plan of small chancel and 4 bay nave with 3 east bays having lean-to aisles, south-east vestry, and west tower. 1,2 & 3-light Perpendicular windows, buttresses between bays and diagonal corner buttresses. Tower has north-east octagonal stair-tower, and diagonal buttresses with finials to 2nd stage. West door 2 order under square hood with quatrefoils in spandrel. Over 3-light cinque-foiled window with 4-centred head. Upper stage rebuilt, crenellated parapet. Inside Coade stone Gothic altar on C18 tomb slabs. Coade chancel arch and connected pulpit. On north wall Gothic monument in Coade 1841 to Normantons, west early C19 tablets mid cartouche 1656 to Edward Dodington. 4-centred C15 tower arch. Hammerbeam roof. Under tower reset C18 donation boards. Mid C19 stained-glass with Netherlandish roundels. Buildings of England, Hampshire; N Pevsner; 1966; p273.

Listing NGR: SP1499309685

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
143608
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, (1967), 273

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01940/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Pauline Thornton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].