CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1094070
Date first listed:
31-Jul-1963
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1094070.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Aug-2020 at 16:43:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
East Hampshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Shalden
National Grid Reference:
SU 69302 41694

Details

SU 64 SE SHALDEN SHALDEN

3/27 Church of St Peter and St Paul

31/07/63 II

Parish church. A rebuilding on the old site, of 1863, by J Colson. Flint walls with stone dressings, and a tile roof. Early English style, with aisleless nave and chancel, a north vestry, a south porch, and a bell-turret at the west end. Plain roof, with small western bell-turret having a broach spire and sides of shingles. Plain treatment of elevations, with stepped buttresses (diagonal at the corners), moulded cill band (raised at the east and west ends), plinth; the windows are lancets, some coupled beneath a quatrefoil, with 3 quatrefoils above 3 lights at the east end, the west end having 2 tall lancets below a central vesica window. The plain interior has decorative ½ columns to the chancel arch. The pulpit has a framed piece of embroidery with the letters NS and date 1665. The survivor from the former church is an octagonal Perpendicular font.

Listing NGR: SU6965642101

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
142019
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/12344/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].