CHURCH OF ST. MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1092979
Date first listed:
26-Apr-1957
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST. MARY

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1092979.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Aug-2020 at 16:34:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST. MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Basingstoke and Deane (District Authority)
Parish:
Mapledurwell and Up Nately
National Grid Reference:
SU 68745 50973

Details

SU 65 SE MAPLEDURWELL & UP NATELY 11/57 26.4.57 Church of St Mary

II*

C13, C15, restored C19. Simple nave and chancel with a timber-framed western bell turret and C19 vestry south of the chancel. Tile roof. Pyramid roof to the bell chamber, which has vertical boarding. Walling in flint with stone dressings, plain round-arched (C13) west door, lancet windows (mainly of the restoration period). Within, the western of the 4 nave bays contains the ringing chamber with a plaster wall (east side) and a ceiling; the separation from the nave is marked by a lightly-framed arcaded wooden screen of the C15/C16. Plain pointed chancel arch with chamfered impost. On the floor of the chancel is a brass (4 small units) of John Tanner and family circa 1525. There is a wall monument of 1720, otherwise Victorian fittings.

Listing NGR: SU6932351538

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
138691
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11097/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles Cordy-Simpson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].