CHURCH OF ST. JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1092707
Date first listed:
26-Apr-1957
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST. JAMES

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1092707.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Aug-2020 at 16:19:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST. JAMES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
Winchester (District Authority)
Parish:
Micheldever
National Grid Reference:
SU 56231 42562

Details

SU 76 NE WOODMANCOTT & POPHAM POPHAM

18/8 Church of St James 26.4.57 - II

AS A RESULT OF BOUNDARY CHANGES ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED BUILDINGS ARE NOW IN THE PARISH OF MICHELDEVER WHICH IS IN THE CITY OF WINCHESTER (HANTS)

SEE 5TH AMENDMENT OF 20TH LIST CITY OF WINCHESTER

------------------------------------ SU 54 SE WOODMANCOTE & POPHAM WOODMANCOTT 18/8 26.4.57 Church of St James

II

1835, by J Colson. Aisleless chancel and nave, with a south porch and a vestry to the north of the chancel. Red tile roof, small stone bellcote above the west gable. Flint walling with stone dressings; 3 cusped lancets, coupled at the west and below a small 4 cusped window, with triple lancets at the east end. Diagonal stepped buttresses. Victorian fittings.

Listing NGR: SU5246940435

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
139261
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/13891/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robin White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].