Darley Abbey Mills, Old Lane, Derby
This building is part of a large cotton factory complex established by the Evans family of Darley Abbey in 1792. It was continuously remodelled and enlarged right up to the late 20th century. It traded under the name of Boars Head Mills. It was one of a number of pioneering textile manufacturing sites in the Derwent Valley. Thomas Evans worked with Richard Arkwright of Cromford. The Evans family was related by marriage to the Strutt family who had mills in Belper, Milford and Derby. All 3 employers provided housing and other services for their workers.