This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COURT PLACE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COURT PLACE

List entry Number: 1369227

Location

COURT PLACE, 33, OXFORD ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Oxford

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Old Marston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 246668

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARSTON OXFORD ROAD SP50NW (East side) Old Marston 4/148 No.33 (Court Place)

- II

Farmhouse, now house. Possibly early C16, enlarged late C17/early C18 and remodelled c,1880. Coursed squared limestone rubble and uncoursed rubble; plain-tile roof with brick stacks, T-plan, extended. 2 storeys. Entrance is in angle, and earliest range, to right, projects to front and rear. Remains of a moulded plinth and string on front gable wall. Front windows in both ranges have late-Cl9 stone mullions and, at ground floor, transoms and relieving arches. Return wall of early range has casements (including one with C17/early C18 three-light frame) and a small sash. Late C19 range, inserted to rear of entrance wing, has stone-mullioned windows. Interior: Coffered ceiling with elaborately-moulded oak cornices and V-shaped beams, all with run-out stops, probably early C16; early C18 dogleg stair with heavy turned balusters. Farm owned by Brasenose College, Oxford, since c,1500. Manorial court was held in the house.

Listing NGR: SP5281408665

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 52814 08665

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1369227 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2017 at 02:58:56.

End of official listing