GOTHIC SUMMER HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH OF BRAMHAM PARK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1300738
Date first listed:
30-Mar-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
03-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
GOTHIC SUMMER HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH OF BRAMHAM PARK

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1300738.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jan-2021 at 20:51:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
GOTHIC SUMMER HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 200 METRES SOUTH OF BRAMHAM PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Bramham cum Oglethorpe
National Grid Reference:
SE 40884 41494

Details

BRAMHAM CUM OGLETHORPE BRAMHAM PARK SE4041 LS23 7/41 Gothic Summer House 30.3.66 approx. 200 metres south of Bramham Park (Gothic Summer-house)

GV II

Summer house. Earlier C19 (given as 1845 in former list). Magnesian limestone ashlar. Tripartite plan: square centre with small square wings. Gothic style. Symmetrical; higher single-storey centre, buttressed, has 2-centred arched doorway, engaged shafts with foliated caps, moulded head containing a trefoil fanlight, a tall 2-centred arched window on each side with wooden tracery making 2 lights and a multifoil in the head, a string course, a blank shield in the centre of the frieze above, parapet with 4 crocketed pinnacles; flanking wings, slightly set back, each with a 2-centred arched window with a hoodmould, crocketed pinnacles to the corners (now missing from left wing). Rear in similar style. Interior not inspected. History: not known, but item is shown on survey by Detmar Blow (c.1907) as "Museum".

Listing NGR: SE4088441494

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
342202
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 45 West Yorkshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08570/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Garbutt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].