Local Records Volunteer
- Review documentation held in the stand-alone files previously held by Field Monument Wardens and assimilate it within the main file series for each site or case
- Review documentation held in the Hexham office archive and assimilate it within the main file series for each site or case
- Assist with the sifting of existing Heritage at Risk (HAR) documentation to facilitate the creation of a streamlined and efficient HAR archive.
Hours and time frame
November 2017 - March 2018 (Monday to Friday, usually between hours of 10 am and 4 pm but this can be framed to suit the needs of the person volunteering).
The volunteer role is at our Newcastle-upon-Tyne office at Bessie Surtees House, 41-44 Sandhill, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE1 3JF.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6 November 2017
Skills and qualities
- Previous records management experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- An ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- A liking for creating order
- An interest in heritage-based work
Support and training
No specific training is required but on-going guidance will be provided by the North East Business Support team.
How to apply
Please download and complete the volunteer registration form below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org