Timeline - Stone Age to Iron Age
Use either the Interactive Prehistory Timeline or the PowerPoint (PPT) versions of the timeline to help reinforce a sense of chronology and learn about how Britain changed from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. The Notes sections in the PPTs contain additional information for teachers along with a range of activity ideas such as:
- Looking at the information about the different species of humans that have lived in Britain.
- Linking to science work looking at evolution: why did some species survive and others not?
- Linking to science work about climate change: what do you think our ancestors did when the climate became colder? This could then be put in context by asking: how is the climate changing today, what effects might it have on us?
Extended learning and useful links
- The Interactive Prehistory Timeline
- Teaching Activity Prehistoric Rock Art
- Teaching Activity Must Farm: What was life like in Bronze Age Cambridgeshire?
- Blackdown Hills AONB teaching resources for Hembury Iron Age Hillfort