This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

YARNINGDALE AQUEDUCT (THAT PART IN CLAVERDON CP)

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: YARNINGDALE AQUEDUCT (THAT PART IN CLAVERDON CP)

List entry Number: 1382094

Location

YARNINGDALE AQUEDUCT (THAT PART IN CLAVERDON CP), SOUTH STRATFORD CANAL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Claverdon

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 04-Jan-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 482459

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP16NE 1457-1/2/45

CLAVERDON SOUTH STRATFORD CANAL Yarningale Aqueduct (that part in Claverdon CP)

04/01/90

GV II*

Aqueduct. 1834. Cast-iron trough with integral towpath with iron railings, moulded handrail and brackets. Brick abutments with stone coping. 2 small plates attached to west side of aqueduct, one inscribed: 'HORSELEY IRON CO', the other one immediately below inscribed: '1834'. This aqueduct replaced an earlier one which collapsed. The South Stratford Canal was constructed between 1793-1816 at a cost of ยป500,000. 13.5 miles of the canal from Kingswood Junction, Lapworth to Stratford-upon-Avon was leased by the National Trust in 1960 from the British Waterways Board for restoration. The Trust acquired the freehold c1964. Part of the aqueduct lies in Rowington parish in Warwick District.



Listing NGR: SP1839366381

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 18393 66381

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1382094 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Jul-2016 at 04:03:41.

End of official listing