This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

VICARAGE, CHANTRY HOUSE, BEDE HOUSE AND ATTACHED CARRIAGE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: VICARAGE, CHANTRY HOUSE, BEDE HOUSE AND ATTACHED CARRIAGE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1371744

Location

VICARAGE, CHANTRY HOUSE, BEDE HOUSE AND ATTACHED CARRIAGE HOUSE, CHURCH HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Wellingborough

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Finedon

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Mar-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 233659

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FINEDON CHURCH HILL SP9172, SP9171 (West side) 6/8 7/8 Vicarage, Chantry House, Bede House and attached carriage house (Formally listed as Vicarage including east and west wings and outbuildings)

GV II*

Vicarage, now vicarage and 2 houses. Datestones RA.1688. AR. and 1834, C18 additions. Built for Rogrt Altham. Squared coursed ironstone with Collyweston slate roof. Originally probably 3-unit plan, now U-shaped. 2 storeys with attic. 7-window range. Central glazed door with C20 moulded wood surround. 4-light wooden cross windows with leaded lights under wood lintels. 4 flat-top roof dormers hav leaded lights. Ashlar gable parapets and kneelers and bricks and stone stacks at ridge and end. Datestone 1688 to first floor left of entrance. Elevation to left of main front, now Chantry House, is probably C18 with some sash windows. Elevation to right of main front, now Bede House, is similar with datestone 1836 to right range. Late C18 coach house attached to Chantry house has central carriage arch and 3 gables with hayloft doors. Interior: early C19 staircase with stick balustrade to first floor and C17 staircase with turnd balustrade to attics. Panelled window reveals: some C17 and C18 panelled doors. Remains of open fireplace in hall.





Listing NGR: SP9119371975

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 91193 71975

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1371744 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 06-Feb-2016 at 07:24:22.

End of official listing