This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1360340



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Denton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 09-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 193314

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


DENTON MAIN STREET SK 8632-8732 (east side) 10/73 Agent's House (Formerly listed as 9.2.52 Ivy House) G.V. 11* House. Early C17 with alterations of C19 and c.1937. Coursed ironstone rubble with ashlar dressings, plain tiled roof with stone coped gables, 2 gable ashlar stacks and large external wall stack to roadside elevation. T-plan, parallel range. 2 storey with attics. Elevation to Main Street of 3 irregular bays, the bay to right with parapet and that to left, set back, are additions to the main house. To ground floor a 4 light ovolo moulded mullion window with cornice and above a similar window with to left a small 3 light window with wooden diamond mullions. The later extensions have to the right, a 2 light stone mullioned window to first floor and to left a 3 light mullioned window to ground floor and a pair of single lights to first floor. All windows have leaded lights. The right hand side front has 6 light ovolo moulded mullioned parlour window with king mullion and cornice. To first floor a 4 light cavetto mullioned window with hood mould, garret has a 3 light ovolo moulded mullioned window with cornice. The rear range was altered C19 in matching style. Interior. Retains original external doorway, 4 centred arched head with wave moulded stone surround. Parlour has moulded stone fireplace surround set in early C17 full height panelling with Doric fluted pilasters and diamond medallion bases, reeded frieze with fluted brackets and cornice. The overmantle has 2 panels containing guilloche moulded pilasters and highly ornate arches. The girder has chip carved chamfers with designs similar to oak chest panels. The dining room has full height painted C17 panelling, deeply chamfered beams and rectangular stone fireplace surround. On first floor over the parlour the girder is deeply chamfered with diagonal reed moulding, in the centre a chip carved rosette and elaborate stepped shield shaped stops.

Listing NGR: SK8700232284

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 87002 32284


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360340 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 29-Nov-2015 at 10:38:10.