This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1359564



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stamford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Mar-2002

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 488504

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



836/0/10006 ALBERT ROAD 11-MAR-02 (South side) Albert Bridge


Also Known As: Albert Bridge, WATER STREET

Pedestrian bridge over the River Welland. 1881. Built by Stamford Town Council to replace one destroyed by flood in July 1880. Coursed rubble stone and iron. Stone piers on either bank are decorated with bold ashlar plinth, corner columns supporting a stiff-leaf frieze topped with arched caps. Lower walls terminate in square lower piers with shallow pyramidal caps. Bridge itself has shallow curved iron girder arches forming the main support to the bridge, these arches are linked together at their centre with another arch spanning the bridge deck and topped with a gas lantern. The bridge has an iron lattice balustrade decorated with iron heart-shaped panels. The south-western pier has an iron plaque inscribed "THIS BRIDGE WAS ERECTED IN THE SECOND YEAR OF THE MAYORALTY OF JOHN PARADISE ESQ. 1881 IN PLACE OF ONE TOTALLY DESTROYED BY FLOOD IN JULY, 1880".

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 03343 06930


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359564 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Oct-2015 at 08:28:16.