This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

PARISH CHURCH OF ST PAULINUS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST PAULINUS

List entry Number: 1359434

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF ST PAULINUS, PERRY STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bexley

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 20-May-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 198707

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PERRY STREET 1. 5005 Crayford Parish Church of St Paulinus TQ 57 NW 3/9 20.5.52 II* 2. Nave, west tower, north aisle as wide as nave and chancel with north and south chapels. North and west walls of aisle date from circa 1100 and have tufa blocks in north-west quoin. Frames of round-headed windows of circa 1200. Windows mainly of C14 (renewed). West tower built circa 1406 by John Wills, with angle buttresses, Perpendicular tracery in openings and embattled parapet. Arcade between nave and aisle is aligned with central axis of chancel. Roofs dated 1630. Pulpit circa 1630. Altar table by James Brooks, architect, 1895. Church was restored 1862 by Joseph Clarke, architect. Monument in north chapel to William and Mary Draper (died 1650 and 1652) possibly by Thomas Stanton (Gunnis). Several other good monuments.

Listing NGR: TQ5119475122

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Gunnis, R, Dictionary of British Sculptors 1660-1851, (1953)

National Grid Reference: TQ 51194 75122

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359434 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Jul-2016 at 02:11:27.

End of official listing