This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1358649



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Harrow

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1982

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 202183

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


The sixth line of part 2 should be amended to read:

"Good interior features including painted roof and glass in chancel by Kempe 1900, north aisle by Heaton Butler and Bayne under the direction of Butterfield 1885, south aisle by E Burne Jones 1881, (single window depicting Faith, Hope and Charity)".

UXBRIDGE ROAD Harrow Weald Church of All Saints 5016 TQ 19 SE2/16



Church. Chancel of 1842 by J T Harrison, nave and aisles of 1849-52 by William Butterfield with further alterations and additions by Butterfield of 1889-92, including south tower, west doorway and internal decorations. Geometrical decorated style. Stone and stucco faced with steeply pitched roof to eaves. Clerestoried 3-bay nave, lower chancel aisles, that to north wider with transverse roof to each bay. Octagonal piers. Lancets to chancel. 2,3 and 4-light windows to aisles and clerestory, south aisle windows square headed. Mosaic decorations above chancel arch and painted panelled nave roof by Butterfield; also font and pulpit, etc. Stained glass by C E Kempe (chancel); Heaton Butler and Bayne under direction of Butterfield (north aisle); E Burne Jones, 1881 - a single 4-light window in the south aisle; also glass of circa 1850 to east end, etc.

Listing NGR: TQ1533091725

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 15330 91725


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358649 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Nov-2015 at 06:18:30.