This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List entry Number: 1331388

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Papworth St. Agnes

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 31-Aug-1962

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51001

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 26SE PAPWORTH ST. AGNES PAPWORTH ST. AGNES

8/100 Parish Church of 31.8.62 St. John the Baptist

II*

Parish church. 1530; but almost completely rebuilt in 1852-4 and west tower 1848. West door C16 survival. Re-used ashlar limestone and fieldstones in chequer pattern. Plain tile roof with patterned ridge tiles. North elevation. Parapets to nave and chancel with continuous moulded plinth band. Vestry and north porch gabled with parapets. Three stage buttresses at angle to chancel. Three-light windows to nave in two-centred arches. Tower of three stages with embattled parapet, angle gargoyles and buttresses of five stages. The church is now in the ownership of The Society for the Care of Friendless Churches and has been recently restored (1983). R.C.H.M. West Cambs mon.l, p.199

Listing NGR: TL2693564481

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

National Grid Reference: TL 26935 64481

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1331388 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Feb-2016 at 12:54:30.

End of official listing