This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List entry Number: 1329480

Location

CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, YARM LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Stockton-on-Tees

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 19-Jan-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 59514

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 4418 NW STOCKTON ON TEES YARM LANE (south side) 29/173

19.1.51 Church of the Holy Trinity II*

1837-8 by John and Benjamin Green. Altered 1882-90. Chancel enlarged 1906. Wide 4 bay nave with lower transepts having gabled extensions to east. 2 bay chancel. 2$ style tower at west end with hexgonal base for now missing steeple. Ashlar built. Gabled wall buttresses with scrolled label stops; set back buttresses at corner. Arcaded parapets over corbel tile the former returned over gables. Pinnacle at corners with gargoyles below. Coupled and decorated windows to chancel. Lancet and rose windows to nave and transepts with poppyhead labels. Small gabled porch on south side to east of transept. On west front: main entrance in central projecting tower and side doors. The tower has set back buttresses and pinnacles, pointed doorway with label and containing blind tracery; blind arches above. Large decorated west window on first stage; clock tower with broken gabled above.

Listing NGR: NZ4438918552

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 44389 18552

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1329480 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2016 at 11:30:30.

End of official listing