This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1244162



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: I

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 476828

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



TQ2983NW CAMDEN STREET 798-1/77/162 (East side) 10/06/54 All Saints Greek Orthodox Church (Formerly Listed as: CAMDEN STREET Church of All Saints)


Church, formerly Church of England, now Greek Orthodox. 1822-24. By W & HW Inwood. Yellow stock brick with stone east and west ends (west end painted); stone tower. Rectangular plan with apsed chancel in Greek Revival style. EXTERIOR: west end with tetrastyle in antis semicircular portico of giant fluted Ionic columns carrying an entablature which continues around the building, supported at west end angles by pilasters. Antefixae to cornice. Above the portico, a circular stone tower (based on the Choragic Monument of Lysicrates, Athens) with Ionic columns supporting an entablature surmounted by a drum with clock faces and cross finial. 3 square-headed entrances with surrounds of pilasters, cornice-head and round-arched architrave; C20 wooden doors and reeded panelling above. North and south facades with architraved round-arched windows having square-headed surrounds. East end apse with round-arched windows linked by impost bands. INTERIOR: with flat ceiling; 5 bays with Ionic columns supporting galleries on 3 sides. Classical decorative detail inspired by Henry William's travels in Greece. Chancel and nave now separated by iconostasis. HISTORICAL NOTE: originally built as a chapel of ease to serve Lord Camden's new developments, it was known as the Camden Chapel and only dedicated to All Saints in 1920. Loaned to the Greek Orthodox Church in 1948. (Survey of London: Vol. XXIV, King's Cross Neighbourhood, Parish of St Pancras IV: London: -1952: 136).

Listing NGR: TQ2924483853

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in Survey of London - Kings Cross neighbourhood The Parish of St Pancras Part 4: Volume 24 , (1951), 136

National Grid Reference: TQ 29246 83849


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1244162 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-May-2017 at 09:53:23.

End of official listing