This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1240343



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hounslow

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Aug-1953

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 438734

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



Hanworth Park House TQ 1172 36/420 14.8.53.


2. Built by the Duke of St Albans to replace Old Hanworth Park which was burnt down in 1797. (For remains of earlier house see Tudor Court and Tudor Close). 2 storeys and tall basement. Stock brick, 11 French casements to both floors opening on to balcony, flat eaves, central open pediment with bargeboards, hipped slate roof. The balcony is of 2 storeys, 11 bays long built on to a stock brick open segmental arcaded basement of small arches over area, and is brought forward for the centre 3 bays and end 2 bays. Ground floor with paired cast iron columns and iron trellis balustrading and central Portland stone tetrastyle fluted Greek Doric columned portico with frieze end cornice. Approach flight of 17 wide Portland stone steps with plain balustrades and cast iron lamps to base with round cast iron lanterns. Rosette frieze above columns and cornice. 1st floor with cast iron trellis standards and panels, centre with stone piers. Similar rosette frieze above. West elevation has balcony on brackets to ground floor with verandah. Interior is of simple Greek design, somewhat modified. The staircase is of the well type with cast iron balusters and with square central glazed lantern over. Grounds contain few trees. VCH; Pevsner, "The Buildings of England".

Listing NGR: TQ1138972428

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Cockburn, J S, King, H P F, McDonnell, K G T, The Victoria History of the County of Middlesex, (1969)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Middlesex, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TQ 11389 72428


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1240343 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2015 at 03:23:16.