This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

PARISH CHURCH OF SAINT PETER AND SAINT PAUL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PARISH CHURCH OF SAINT PETER AND SAINT PAUL

List entry Number: 1235106

Location

PARISH CHURCH OF SAINT PETER AND SAINT PAUL, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ash-cum-Ridley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: I

Date first listed: 01-Jun-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 411263

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASH-CUM-RIDLEY CHURCH LANE 1. 5280 New Ash Green Ash Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul TQ 66 SW 7/5 1.6.67 GV 2. C13, C14 and C15 restored by Sir T G Jackson in 1901-3. Built of flint with ragstone and sandstone dressings. Chancel and west tower are C13. The top part of the tower and the turret are of red brick. Three bay nave and aisles. C14 but restored in 1472 when the south aisle was probably widened. North aisle has good Decorated east window of ogee forms and spherical triangles. South porch possibly of 1472 with stoup. Internally there is a good crown post roof over the nave supported on trefoliated brackets. Early Perpendicular chancel arch, a Perpendicular font, Brass of a priest half length, a hanging monument to Dr Maxfield c1605 and 2 tablets to Thomas and Sophia Lambard of 1813 by John Bacon Junior, Piscina in South Aisle.



Listing NGR: TQ6021464541

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 60182 64562

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1235106 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Jul-2016 at 10:13:39.

End of official listing