This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1230701



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Charnwood

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Thrussington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 01-Jun-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 405714

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SK 61 NE CHURCH LANE (East End) 5/168 1.6.66 Church of the Holy Trinity


Church. C13-C15 and much restored 1877. Restoration by Goddard and Paget of Leicester. Ironstone with limestone dressings and Swithland slate roof with stone stack on nave E gable. Stone coped gables, some with cross finials. Stepped buttresses, angle and diagonal buttresses. W tower, nave, aisles, chancel and S porch. C14/C15 tower of three stages with plinth, NE projecting stair, W window, 1-light above, clock faces to N and W, 4 2-light bell openings with crenellated transoms, gargoyles, battlements and crocketted pinnacles. Nave arch, now blocked, probably double chamfered. Three bay N arcade of c1300 with double chamfered arches on octagonal piers and responds. Similar four bay S arcade but with hood moulds and head and label stops. Perp clerestory with 3 2-light windows on each side. 3 1/2 bay C19 roof with braces curving beneath collars. N aisle mainly C19 with 5 2-light windows. Double chamfered chancel arch on restored polygonal responds. Late C13 chancel. On N wall a 2-light window with Y tracery, arched niche and 2 square niches. 3-light E window with Intersected tracery. On S wall 3-light with Intersected tracery and 2-light with Y tracery. Double piscina with stiff-leaf capital and pointed trefoiled arches with fillets. Hood mould with label stops. S door and small 1-light to right. Chancel floor probably of Minton tile. C19 boarded wagon roof. Mainly C19 S aisles with 3 3-light and 2 2-light windows, piscina with cusped head and sedilia. Much restored many-moulded S doorway and S porch with double chamfered arch. Octagonal font, probably C14, with carved head projecting from one side, on C19 base. C18 and C19 wall monuments. Kelly's Leicester, Rutland, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire 1881, and Pevsner.

Listing NGR: SK6503615779

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Kellys Directory' in Leicestershire Rutland Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, (1881)

National Grid Reference: SK 65036 15779


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1230701 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-Oct-2015 at 07:06:07.