This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

THE OLD MEETING HOUSE AND THE HOUSE ADJOINING TO SOUTH UNITARIAN AND FREE CHRISTIAN CHURCH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD MEETING HOUSE AND THE HOUSE ADJOINING TO SOUTH UNITARIAN AND FREE CHRISTIAN CHURCH

List entry Number: 1216705

Location

THE OLD MEETING HOUSE AND THE HOUSE ADJOINING TO SOUTH, EAST END LANE
UNITARIAN AND FREE CHRISTIAN CHURCH, EAST END LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Lewes

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ditchling

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Sep-1979

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 292815

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for; DITCHLING EAST END LANE TQ 3215 (south west side) 20/262 The Old Meeting House (Unitarian and Free Christian Church) and the house adjoining to south

II

In line 2, delete 'slightly older' and insert 'dated 1672'. -------------------------------------------------------------

DITCHLING EAST END LANE 1. 5206 (south-west side) The Old Meeting House (Unitarian and Free Christian Church) and the house adjoining to south TQ 3215 20/262

II

2. A congregation has existed here since the C17. The Meeting House was built in 1740. The house attached is slightly older. Red brick, first floor of the house tile hung. Tiled roof. Casement windows. Two storeys. Five windows. The Meeting House contains a gallery.

Listing NGR: TQ3272215268

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 32722 15268

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1216705 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2016 at 07:14:52.

End of official listing