This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1203742



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Craven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Hebden


Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Jan-1994

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 382307

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


The following building shall be added:- HEBDEN SE 02620362 BACK LANE (South side) 1300-/13/10001 Church of St Peter II Church. 1841. Designed by J P Freron. Dressed stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with coped gables, kneelers and cross finials. Gothic Revival style. Nave, chancel, west tower and south porch. Moulded plinth and chamfered arch corbel table. West tower has a tall lancet on the west face, above the bell stage has a single lancet bell opening to each face, topped with 4 corner pinnacles and a pierced parapet. Nave has a single buttress at each corner, 4 lancets on the north side and 3 lancets on the south with moulded cill bands. The south side has a projecting, gabled porch to the west, with a moulded double chamfered arched outer opening and a similar inner doorway with original wooden door. This door has 4 pointed arch panel and ornate iron hinges and door furniture, above wooden overdoor with trefoil panel. Chancel has to the east a triple lancet with taller central light. Interior: retains chamfered tower and chancel arches, wooden nave roof and plaster vaulted chancel. Fittings include original doors, pews, stone font, pulpit, reading desk and altar rail. Inserted pipe organ dated 1894 built by Harrisons of Durham. Stained glass windows include east chancel window donated by Rev Henry Bailey. Monuments include a brass plate World War I Memorial. This church was built on land donated by the Rev Henry Bailey.

Listing NGR: SE0260562964

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 02605 62964


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203742 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 01-Dec-2015 at 08:12:00.