This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

SEYMOUR HOUSE WARWICK HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SEYMOUR HOUSE WARWICK HOUSE

List entry Number: 1194493

Location

1, MONTPELLIER ROW
SEYMOUR HOUSE, 3, MONTPELLIER ROW
WARWICK HOUSE, 2, MONTPELLIER ROW

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Richmond upon Thames

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 205561

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5028 MONTPELLIER ROW

No 1 No 2 (Warvick House) No 3 (Seymour House) TQ 1673 21/5 2.9.52

II* GV

2. Montpelier Row consists of 2 very important terrace blocks of nearly uniform early C18 houses, with a row of modern houses between, overlooking Marble Hill Park. The C18 houses are all 3-storeys and basement, brown brick with red dressings, parapet and windows in nearly flush frames. They have varied types of doorcases, and in many cases good ironwork to steet and areas. The row was built by a Captain Gray in 1720. (Country Life, September 8, 1944)

All 3 cement-rendered. No 1, 6 bays wide (3:3). Doorcase with moulded cornice hood on carved brackets. Decorated plaque with "Montpelier Row 1720". Glazing bars have been removed. No 2, 3 bays and No 3, 6 bays (3:3) both with similar doorcases to No 1.

Listing NGR: TQ1697473820

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 8 September, (1944)

National Grid Reference: TQ 16974 73820

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1194493 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2016 at 02:13:41.

End of official listing