This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

CHURCH OF ST HELEN AND TOMB ENCLOSURE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST HELEN AND TOMB ENCLOSURE

List entry Number: 1168222

Location

CHURCH OF ST HELEN AND TOMB ENCLOSURE, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: North Ormsby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 195289

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH ORMSBY CHURCH LANE TF 29 SE 3/37 Church of St. Helen and 9.3.67 tomb enclosure G.V. II

Parish church, now closed, and tomb enclosure. 1848 by S. S. Teulon, in Early English style. Squared limestone rubble, green slate, stone coped roofs. Nave with western bellcote and porch, chancel. The west door is between 2 stepped buttresses and covered by gabled porch having moulded outer doorway on free standing shafts, with moulded inner surround, flanked by single lancets. Above a 2 light window, trefoil headed niche and gabled bellcote. The nave side walls have 3 paired trefoil headed lancets. The chancel side walls have 2 single lancets and on the south side a pointed doorway with moulded hood and label stops. The east window is of 3 lights with geometric tracery and moulded hood. East of the chancel a railed grave enclosure, cast iron railings with spear head tops and an urn pedestal tomb to Mary Russell d.1855. Interior. Single chamfered chancel arch with octagonal imposts on human head corbels. Arch braced roof on moulded corbels. All fittings removed apart from C19 pulpit and C15 octagonal font.

Listing NGR: TF2891593240

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 28915 93240

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1168222 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Aug-2016 at 07:50:34.

End of official listing