This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1166277



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Snelland

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 197158

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



4/33 Church of 31.11.66 All Saints


Parish church. C13, C14, 1863 restoration and rebuilding by Edward Browning of Stamford. Squared limestone rubble with brick patching, slate roofs with raised stone coped gables and kneelers. Nave with western bellcote, chancel, north aisle, vestry, south porch. The west end has a C19 2 light window with above a gabled double bellcote. The west wall of the north aisle has a single C19 trefoil headed light. The north wall of aisle has one reused C14 3 light cusped ogee headed window and a C19 copy, both with flat lintels. The east window of vestry is a reused C14 2 light opening with transomes and round arch over. The east wall has a 2 light C19 window with quatrefoil over. The south chancel wall has a single C19 light. The south wall of the nave has 2 C14 3 light windows with cusped ogee heads to the lights, flat lintels and hood moulds. The C19 gabled south porch has a pointed outer arch and quatrefoil side lights. The C13 inner doorway is single chamfered with roll moulded hood. Interior. The 3 bay C19 north arcade has double chamfered arches without capitals but springing from carved corbels with human head stops. The nave roof springs from C19 corbels with foliage decoration. The double chamfered chancel arch springs from C19 human head corbels and in the chancel north wall is a single chamfered door to vestry. Polychromatic tiled floors throughout. The roofs are C19 throughout. Fittings are all 1863, but note the remarkable font which stands on 3 annular shafts with collars and has elaborate carved foliage to the octagonal bowl. On the north wall of the aisle is a wooden shield shaped plaque bearing a cast iron royal cypher of Queen Victoria.

Listing NGR: TF0794580688

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 07945 80688


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1166277 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 01-Dec-2015 at 06:21:14.