This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1133954



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Calderdale

District Type: Metropolitan Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 06-Jun-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 338521

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


In the entry for ELLAND SE 107204 SAVILE ROAD 2/97 Church of All Saints


The Grade shall be amended to read II * ( star)


ELLAND SAVILE ROAD SE 107204 2/97 Church of All Saints


Church, 1896, by G. H. Fellowes Prynne. Hammer-dressed stone with tiled roof. Tall nave and chancel under continuous roof with low leanto aisles, western baptistry and gabled transeptal chapels the northern of which is apsed. Wooden fleche with copper spire. Gothic revival with mostly lancet windows. The west front has 3 tall lancets separated and flanked by gabled buttresses. The transeptal chapels have small rose windows in their western gables, and triple lancets in the flank walls. The southern chapel has a stair turret. The baptistry also is embattled. Foundation stone dated 1900 at east end.

Interior: of stone and brick. 5-bay nave. Tunnel roof with transverse ribs carried on engaged colonnettes. Tall chancel arch whose jambs are flanked by 4 large polychrome figures of saints on each side. Chancel of 2-bays similarly roofed. The nave arcades carry across the transeptal chapels. The north chapel has a small 2-bay sanctuary.

Furnishings: chancel screen of stone with cresting and gates of wrought iron and beaten copper. Elaborate late Gothic reredos (c.1920). Stained glass east window of the same period showing the Church Triumphant. Elaborately carved wooden pulpit of quatrefoil plan standing on openwork base. Fine carved C17 altar table from St. Mary's Church. C. N. Frank, 'Fitly Framed Together', (1949). N. Pevsner, 'Yorkshire West Riding' (1979) p.624.

Listing NGR: SE1075020462

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Frank, CN , Fitly Framed Together, (1949)
Pevsner, N, Radcliffe, E, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The West Riding, (1967), 624

National Grid Reference: SE 10750 20462


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133954 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Oct-2015 at 05:08:45.