This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1126323



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: East Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Dullingham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 49175

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



6/97 No. 2 (The Guildhall)


Guildhall to St. James' guild, now a house. Built before 1495. Timber framed, part plastered. Clunch rear outshut. Painted brick foundations. Ripped, thatched roof. Ridge chimney stack rebuilt with three separate rectangular shafts. Two storeys. Timber frame of five bays, jettied, with plastered gable walls and ground floor. Two sealed doorways to street, main entrance resited to rear. Three first floor, and three ground floor three-light casement windows include two with leaded lights. One smaller first floor casement window to right hand. Interior (not seen 1983) has two inglenook hearths; 017 panelling at first floor and some wall painting. Exposed floor frames and roll-moulded beams. Building used as poor house in C18, scratched date of 1717. Report of Commissioners, 1839, p.134. CUL. VCH, Vol. VI, p.167. RCHM (Cambs notes), 1953.

Listing NGR: TL6297857882

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 167
Report of the Commissioners for Inquiring Concerning Charities County of Bedford, (1839)

National Grid Reference: TL 62978 57882


© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126323 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2016 at 09:15:07.

End of official listing