This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1124253



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Worminghall

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Feb-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 42531

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



7/150 Nos. 1-6 (consec.), The Almshouses (formerly listed as Almshouses). 25.10.51

- II*

Set of 6 almshouses, formerly 10. Dated 1675 on plaques. Founded by John King for 6 men and 4 women. Thin brick in Flemish bond, with semi-dressed chamfered stone plinth, chamfered stone quoins and coved stone eaves. Hipped old tile roofs, 6 brick chimneys rebuilt C20. H-plan with central passage. 2 storeys. Central bar of 2 bays, each side wing projecting 2 bays to front and rear. N.E. side has 2-light chamfered stone mullion windows with C20 metal casements. S.W. front is similar but with 4-light windows to centre bays. Some windows totally restored C20; blind windows to ends of side wings. Central passage and doors to centre of each wing have chamfered stone frames. Above passage entrances on each side are inscription plaques in carved stone cartouches with coats of arms above. N.W. and S.E. sides have 4-light windows to outer bays and 4 2-light windows to centre, all restored C20. RCHM I p. 325-6 Mon. 6.

Listing NGR: SP6411908428

Selected Sources

An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

National Grid Reference: SP 64119 08428


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1124253 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Nov-2015 at 02:20:42.