This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1109097



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Amber Valley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Kirk Langley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 78915

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


SK 33 NW PARISH OF KIRK LANGLEY LODGE LANE 6/75 (south Side) Meynell Langley 13.2.67 II Small country house. Late C18, remodelled 1806-7, two bays to east added in 1818, two bays to west added 1829. South front 1829 by Francis Goodwin. Red brick, partly faced in sandstone ashlar. Plain tile hipped roof, various brick stacks. Two storeys. Symmetrical nine bay south elevation of 2-1-3-1-2 bays, each stepped back slightly from the centre. Entablature to centre part, stepped down to blocking course on each side. First floor sill band to centre five bays. Central portico on coupled Ionic columns, entablature continued on either side, with pilasters at the angles. Doorway with moulded architrave and half glazed double doors, flanked on each side by four plain sashes, all with decorative valancing. First floor has nine plain sashes, the centre three with moulded architraves. Brick service wing to rear, probably C18. Interior: Staircase hall formed in 1806, with two segmental arches and an open well between with delicate iron balustrade. Cantilevered stone staircase with wreathed and ramped handrail and cast iron balusters, alternately plain and decorated. Jacobean style chimneypiece and panelled dado. Heraldic stained glass in the staircase window, mostly C19 but some of it earlier. Library to east with Adamesque white marble and Blue John chimneypiece. Fitted mahogany book- shelves. Dining Room beyond has a Hoptonwood stone chimneypiece with Tuscan columns. Segmental arch to servery. Grecian pelmets with acroteria, in both Library and Dining Room. L-plan Drawing Room with segmental arch and two reeded marble chimneypieces. Variety of plaster cornices.

Listing NGR: SK3004239788

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 30042 39788


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1109097 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Oct-2015 at 10:10:02.