This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

CHURCH OF ST PETER AD VINCULA

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST PETER AD VINCULA

List entry Number: 1099197

Location

CHURCH OF ST PETER AD VINCULA, NEW ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tonbridge and Malling

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ditton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1959

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 179296

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DITTON CP NEW ROAD TQ 75 NW (west side) 8/123 Church of St Peter ad 25.8.59 Vincula

- II*

Church. C12, early C14, C15, restored 1860 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Ragstone rubblestone with dressed stone dressings, plain tiled roof. West tower, nave chancel. Plain C15 2-stage tower with string below plain coped parapet. Main entrance in west front of tower. 3-window nave with 2 unrestored early C14 windows to east; curvilinear tracery. 2-window chancel; C15 square-headed windows with drip moulds a cusped pointed arched lights. Early C14-type east window added by Scott. Interior: Braced and trussed roof with plaster infilling. Chancel arch replaced by Scott. Monuments: Richard Brown, d. 1672, erected after 1691. Tablet with scrolly open pediment, side scrolls, swags and winged below. Stained glass, of early C14 in left-hand window of north side of nave.

Listing NGR: TQ7126758336

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 70986 58048

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1099197 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2016 at 11:01:07.

End of official listing