This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.

THE ORANGERY APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO SOUTH-WEST OF BURTON CONSTABLE HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE ORANGERY APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO SOUTH-WEST OF BURTON CONSTABLE HALL

List entry Number: 1083445

Location

THE ORANGERY APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES TO SOUTH-WEST OF BURTON CONSTABLE HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: East Riding of Yorkshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Burton Constable

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 16-Dec-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 166679

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BURTON CONSTABLE BURTON CONSTABLE PARK TA 1836-1936 9/4 The Orangery approximately 10 metres 16.12.66 to south-west of Burton Constable Hall GV II * Orangery. 1788-89 with later additions and alterations. By Thomas Atkinson for William Constable. Pinkish-red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings and glass roof. Single storey, 7 bays, with outshut to rear, the outer bays break forward slightly and are pedimented. Ashlar plinth. 3 steps to central entrance, double multi-paned glass doors with fanlight with glazing bars. Otherwise 30-pane round-arched sashes with radial glazing to heads to full height. Moulded impost band. Paterae in spandrels, except to outer bays which have circular plaques with figures. Frieze decorated with palm fronds, cornice and low parapet surmounted by central figure of plenty flanked by urns, pineapple finials and female figures to outer pediments. Roof slopes downwards to rear.

Listing NGR: TA1884136687

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 22 Humberside,

National Grid Reference: TA 18841 36687

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1083445 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-May-2016 at 02:50:19.

End of official listing