This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1078946



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Greenwich

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 200459

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



No 90 (The Woodlands) TQ 4077 28/G92 19.10.51.


2. Formerly Convent of Little Sisters of the Assumption. Now Kidbrooke House Community Centre. 1772. 2 storeys and dormers. 5 windows. Renaissance style in stone. Green slate roof. Frieze with festoons beneath moulded cornice band with blocking course above. Recessed windows in rebated reveals. Entrance porch with plain Ionic columns, coupled each side, and entablature and blocking course. Ground floor bay window adjoins entrance. 1 storey. 2 window extension on north side. On south side a 1 storey 3 window pedimented projection with 4 half-columns with "Tower of the Hinds" caps, segmental niche on ground floor each side with shallow sinking on 1st floor above each and on axis at 1st floor a round-headed window. Rear elevation has twin shallow bow windows on ground floor with round- headed niche between, and sculptured round panel above. The house was built for J J Angerstein, whose collection of pictures formed the nucleus for the National Gallery. It was occupied for a time by Caroline, Princess of Wales.

Listing NGR: TQ4011277556

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 40112 77556


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078946 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Nov-2015 at 10:47:45.