This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1067059



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Pitsford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 360225

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



9/236 Church of All Saints 02/11/54 - II*

Church. C12 and C14 with chancel and general restoration of 1863 by Slater and Carpenter. Squared coursed lias with stone slate and lead roofs. Aisled nave, chancel and west tower. Chancel, 2-window range of 2-light windows with geometrical tracery. East window similar of 3 lights. Gabled roof with ashlar gable parapets, kneelers, corbels and finial block. South aisle of 4-window range of 2-light windows with reticulated tracery, probably C19. Similar 3- light east and west windows. Ashlar parapet with lean-to roof. C19 gabled south porch with finial between windows 1 and 2 from left has C12 doorway under with shafts and zig-zag decoration. The tympanum represents St. George and the Dragon on faith fighting evil. North aisle similar of 3-window range of 2-light windows with reticulated tracery, probably C19. East and west windows similar of 3 and 2 lights, C14. Ashlar gable parapets and lean-to lead roof. Gabled nave roof with ashlar parapet and finial. Short west tower. 2 light bell openings to each face with single cusped lancets alongside on north and south faces. Plain ashlar parapet. Interior: Nave arcade C19 of 5 bays with chamfered arches and quatrefoil piers with foliated capitals carved by Gillet of Leicester. Similar chancel arch. C14 triple-chamfered tower arch. Carved corbels with saints emblems and detached shaft above supporting C19 collar trussed roof with curved braces. Stained glass window. C14 arched tomb recess in north aisle, various late C18 and early C19 inscribed tablets above. Piscina with ogee head in north aisle, font C14, octagonal with flat gables. (Buildings of England : Northamptonshire, p.374).

Listing NGR: SP7542768193

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, (1961), 374

National Grid Reference: SP 75427 68193


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067059 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 29-Nov-2015 at 12:20:40.