This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1065037



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 27-Mar-1981

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 204448

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


LEIGHAM COURT ROAD SW16 1. 5023 Church of St Peter TQ 3172 31/643 TQ 3171 35/643


2. Choir and eastern 3 bays of nave, 1871 by Drew. West end 1888 by Fellowes Prynne. Impressive church on raised site. Very tall nave with low pent aisles. Tall chancel with apse and south chapel. North chancel aisle and transept, both with extensions. Bowed baptistery at west end; high undercroft below this and nave. Octagonal turrets supported by flying buttresses flank high west gable with great wheel window. Other windows traceried in style. Stock brick with much decoration, mostly flush, in red brick and stone; bands, diapering, window dressings. High pitched tiled roofs except for aisles. Inside, five-bay nave with tall pointed arcade on round stone piers; elsewhere, the polychromy continued. Facetted cut brick decoration to arches. Nave roof has arch-braced collar beams alternating with scissor trusses. Principals rest on corbelled shafts. Ribbed barreled chancel roof; panelled walls, sedilia and piscina; elaborate reredos. Wrought iron screens to south chapel.

Listing NGR: TQ3115072004

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 31150 72004


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065037 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 29-Nov-2015 at 01:41:48.