This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WALL TO GOLDERS GREEN CREMATORIUM AND ATTACHED MEMORIALS AND GATES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WALL TO GOLDERS GREEN CREMATORIUM AND ATTACHED MEMORIALS AND GATES

List entry Number: 1064769

Location

WALL TO GOLDERS GREEN CREMATORIUM AND ATTACHED MEMORIALS AND GATES, HOOP LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Aug-1993

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 199261

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:

TQ 2588 HOOP LANE

31-/26/10012 Wall to Golders Green Crematorium and attached memorials and gates

GV II

Wall. 1901-1911, to designs by Ernest George and Alfred B Yeates, architects of the crematorium. Brick with brick plinth, interrupted by short buttresses and square piers; stone capstones, wall forms crowstep parapet at two points. Portcullis gates of wood and metal hinges of original design; metal gates. The wall runs the entire length of the Crematorium and is interrupted at several points by gates. On south face, in front of East Chapel (q.v.), a wall monument in Art Nouveau style with inscription "Mors Janua Vitae" set under round- arched recess. To the west memorial to Rose Mary Mary Crawshay, ob.1907, marble wall slab and font; metal hood roof in ogee shape.

Listing NGR: TQ2525888035

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 25263 88040

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064769 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2016 at 11:39:20.

End of official listing