This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1064043



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: North Willingham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 01-Nov-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 197152

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



3/27 Church of 1.11.66 St. Thomas


Parish church. C14, C15, 1753, 1896 interior restoration. Squared greenstone rubble with some sandstone coursed rubble. Slate roofs having lead dressings. Western tower, nave and chancel. The tower is of 3 stages with plinth, embattled parapet with corner pinnacles. C18 west door with chamfered reveals, has semi-circular head with key and impost blocks. Above is a reset C15 window with panel tracery and to belfry stage are paired ogee headed lights with mandorla over, in principal directions. North side wall of nave has 3 semi-circular headed windows with key and impost blocks. East chancel wall has a Venetian window with plain surround. South side of nave matches the north. Interior. West tower chamber contains staircase with plain balusters leading to first floor ringing chamber in the east wall of which the original C14 single chamfered pointed tower arch can be seen. The nave is entered through panelled double doors with a low basket arched C18 surround having key and impost blocks. The nave and chancel have dentillated cornices. The chancel arch is semi-circular headed with panelled reveals and moulded imposts. Fittings. Mid C18 turned baluster altar rails, panelled pulpit and at the west end of the nave is a panelled gallery with dentillated cornice supported on slender square columns. C19 octagonal font on a circular marble shaft. Monuments. Built into the west wall of the nave is the head of a C13 recumbent grave slab with cross fleury terminal. In the chancel 2 pitch pine freestanding crosses brought from Palestine after the First World War.

Listing NGR: TF1634388293

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 16343 88293


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064043 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Nov-2015 at 05:08:45.