This browser is not fully supported by Historic England.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 2, 4, 6 AND 8, CHURCH GREEN

List entry Number: 1051965



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bramford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: I

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Jan-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 361668

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


BRAMFORD CHURCH GREEN TM 1246 9/71 Nos. 2,4,6 and 8 (Formerly listed as House 9.12.55 on south side of Ship Lane, opposite Bramford House) - II

3 dwellings, formerly The Swan Inn. Early C16; a 2-bay extension was added in C17 to rear left. 2 storeys, 3-cell plan. Timber-framed, the framing is exposed with plastered infill panels. The upper floor is jettied along the front wall. Plaintiled roof with axial chimney of red brick. Mainly small- pane casements of C19 and C20, with leaded glazing. A central C19 canted bay window with plaintiled roof has panels of original herringbone pargetting. A reset C16 or C17 plank entrance door with moulded battens cuts into an original moulded mullioned window. The exposed framing is of high quality. At the jetty the bressumer is moulded, and the supporting brackets are rosette carved and spring from pilasters. Arch-braced close studwork. A former parlour window to left had moulded jambs and mullions; its flanking pair of 5- light side windows remain, blocked. 3 of the original upper floor windows were of oriel form.

Listing NGR: TM1268246385

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TM 12682 46385


© Crown Copyright and database right 2015. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2015. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051965 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Nov-2015 at 05:07:08.