This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1039276



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: South Staffordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Jan-1975

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 271527

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



4/20 The Old Rectory. 15.1.75.

- II

Rectory, now House. Core 1770s, substantially re-built circa 1824 and altered circa 19O6. Rendered brickwork; shallow, hipped slate roof with widely projecting eaves and centre stacks. Square plan with off centre entrance. Two storey front, raised plinth and first floor cill bands, four windows, C2O imitations of tourer glazing bar sashes; door of 1906 with pilastered surround and scrolled corbels to flat hood; overlight with diagonal glazing bars. Garden front - 2-3-2 windows, the three middle ones in a fall-height angled bay. Recess to rear supported by two plain columns in antis without entablature. The entrance elevation was formerly flanked by a G. E. Street wing: now destroyed. An engraving dated 1797 in the Church shows the earlier building.

Listing NGR: SJ8091112210

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 80910 12212


© Crown Copyright and database right 2016. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2016. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2016 at 02:44:45.

End of official listing