This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MAXSTOKE HALL FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MAXSTOKE HALL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1034826

Location

MAXSTOKE HALL FARMHOUSE, FILLONGLEY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: North Warwickshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Maxstoke

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 309026

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MAXSTOKE FILLONGLEY ROAD SP28NW (South side) 5/121 Maxstoke Hall Farmhouse GV II House. c.1632 and mid C18. Timber-frame, cased or rebuilt in red brick. Plain-tiled gable roof with dentil cornice and ridge stack of red brick. Plan of double ended hall house. 2-storey main range, mid C18. Segmental arches to 3 first floor cross-frame casements, C19. Doorway to former cross-passage away from the hearth. The west cross-wing is a parlour wing also of mid C18 date. Red brick. 2 storeys with saw-tooth corbelling to eaves. One similar C19 cross-frame casement to each storey. East cross-wing, c.1632 and mid C18. Timber-frame cased or rebuilt in red brick. Sandstone plinth. 2 storeys. Similar C19 wood casement at first and ground floors. Interior: East cross-wing of 2 bays. Wind bracing to through-purlin roof. Cheese room with plaster floor. Braced tie beams. Peg-holes visible in wall plate. Mid C18 staircase; closed string with column balusters, moulded rail and square newel to single flight and landing. Slender ceiling timbers to mid C18 parts. Reputed to date from 1632.

Listing NGR: SP2426287905

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 24262 87905

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034826 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 06:59:10.

End of official listing